Therapy for Anxiety
Find Relief from Worry and Panic Attacks
Do you often find yourself feeling overwhelmed or consumed with negative thoughts and constant worry? Do you fear and expect the worst possible outcome in many situations? If this sounds like you, you may be struggling with anxiety.
Online therapy can help you get the relief from anxiety that you deserve. I work closely with individuals to help them become unstuck from anxious thinking patterns and receive space from their constant worry. Together with therapy, we will help you identify the underlying causes of anxiety and learn helpful coping skills to allow for a more peaceful and fulfilling life.
Symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Excessive worry
- Intrusive thoughts, inability to let thoughts go
- Feeling agitated/irritable
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Avoidance of people or situations that cause anxiety
- Panic attacks (see more information below)
Some people experience an immediate and overwhelming wave of fear, anxiety, and panic. If this sounds familiar, it is possible you have experienced a Panic Attack and could suffer from a Panic Disorder.
Signs and symptoms of a panic attack:
- Accelerated/racing heart
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pains
- Belief/thought that you are going to die
- Extreme feelings of terror, expectation of a catastrophe
- Feeling faint, weak, or dizzy
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Difficulty seeing, impaired vision
- Confusion and lost time
Therapy can help you view stressful situations in a less frightening way and develop better coping mechanisms. Most importantly, therapy can give you the relief from anxiety you’ve been seeking. Services offered online in Brentwood, Franklin, Nashville and the surrounding Tennessee area.
If you suffer from anxiety, I invite you to contact me today to learn more about how counseling can help you.