Narcissistic Abuse Therapy
Narcissistic Abuse in a Relationship
You fell in love so fast. They were charming and said all the right things. Their affection made you feel special and warm, but just as suddenly as the good feelings began, they stopped. Your partner became cold, withholding, and mean. You never know which side of them you will get. The charming, affectionate side, or the cold, mean side. It feels as if they are two different people.
Every time you try to express your feelings or needs, it turns into an argument. Somehow everything gets twisted back on you. You leave these conversations feeling confused, guilty, and anxious. You hold out for glimpses of the person you first met. You ask yourself, “am I the narcissist?”
Examples of Narcissistic Abuse:
- Fluctuations of praise and affection followed by periods of criticism, blame, and accusations
- Your feelings are continuously discounted or trivialized when expressing a need or opinion
- You often feel your are to blame/in the wrong during disagreements
- You are told your memory is incorrect
- You are told you’re too sensitive, dramatic, or to “get over it”
- You often question your reality and judgment
- You feel isolated from family and friends
- You often feel a lack of empathy and understanding from this person
- You feel like you are walking on eggshells
If you can relate to any of the above, then it is possible your are in an unhealthy relationship and could be experiencing narcissistic abuse. Narcissistic abuse occurs when one partner experiences ongoing emotional abuse and manipulations from another partner who displays narcissistic traits. If you are experiencing physical violence/abuse, please call the Domestic Violence Hotline. To report child abuse or neglect please call: Child Protective Services.
How Therapy Heals Narcissistic Abuse
I specialize in helping women and men recover from narcissistic abuse. If you want to feel like yourself again and experience joy in relationships, therapy can help!
- Recognize early warning signs of narcissistic abuse
- Break the cycle of narcissistic relationships
- Increase your self-worth and decrease feelings of guilt/shame
- Recognize trauma bonding and the cycle of emotional abuse
- Recognize manipulation tactics
- Decrease anxiety and depression
- Feel like yourself again
Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Therapist
Reach out today to get started with therapy for narcissistic abuse recovery! Offered Online in Tennessee and Georgia.
Online Locations: Nashville, Tennessee – Brentwood, Tennessee – Atlanta, Georgia – Sandy Springs, Georgia – Greater Tennessee and Georgia Area